Dr Virginia Thorley, OAM, PhD, IBCLC, FILCA
EXPERT BREASTFEEDING SUPPORT
The service I offer is based on the belief that mothers' and babies' needs are of the utmost importance. You and your baby are individuals and my job is to assess your individual situation and provide assistance and choices based on the best available professional knowledge. To this I bring many years of experience of both routine and unusual situations - and continuing professional education to stay current.
Perhaps you are wondering -
- Is the position you are using working for you and your baby - or is there a better way?
- Is feeding uncomfortable?
- Does your baby keep slipping off the breast?
- Have you been unable to find an answer to the cause of a persistent challenge and want another opinion?
- Is conflicting advice leaving you feeling confused and adrift?
At a consultation, I listen to your history and concerns, if possible observe a feed, and examine you and your baby. We look at ways that we can work together to fine-tune what you are already doing.
I also offer individual antenatal breastfeeding preparation.
Appointments are arranged at a mutually suitable time. In person consultations, where mothers and babies come to me, are longer and I have restricted them to very few in this period of COVID-19. A second or subsequent visit is at lower cost.
- I am available for real-time video calls on the sage.fm platform for consultations for interstate and overseas clients, and for families in lockdown or who prefer not to take a baby out.
- Interactive video chats on sage.fm are automatically charged by time, depending on how much, or how little, time you need. These may suit you if you live in another area or interstate or in another country. (See link on my homepage.) I used to live in remote areas and understand how difficult it is to access support.
- Skype consultations for interstate or other distant mothers, are by arrangement. Text me or email me to set a time for a Skype consultation and discuss costs (which are based on increments of time).
Mobile or text: 0409 876 848